Carol has been practicing corporate law in the emerging markets of the ASEAN region since 2008. Her work is primarily focused on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
As part of her M&A practice, she is routinely involved in corporate and commercial matters including foreign direct investments, joint ventures, equity and debt investments, cross border investments and transactional structuring. She has represented Indonesian and foreign investors comprising private and public companies, private equity and venture capital firms, multinational corporations and state-owned enterprises.
Prior to joining Assegaf Hamzah & Partners in 2015, she was based in the Kuala Lumpur law office of one of the top Singapore headquartered regional firms.
Carol has been a member of the Malaysian Bar since 2008. She was called to the Bar of England and Wales in September in 2005 and is a member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, England. She has been working with AHP since 2015 and is registered as a foreign advocate with the Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI).
Carol’s recent key engagements include:
- Represented SCG Packaging Public Company Limited, a subsidiary of a giant Thai conglomerate, on its IDR 9.61 trillion (approximately US$680 million) acquisition of 55% shares of PT Fajar Surya Wisesa Tbk (2019).
- Representing PT Sri Rejeki Isman Tbk (Sritex), Southeast Asia’s largest textile manufacturer in Indonesia, in its acquisition of two leading manufacturers and exporters of fine quality spun yarns (2018).
- Representing a global multinational technology conglomerate in its investment of approximately US$ 1 billion in one of Indonesia’s largest e-commerce platforms, cementing its position as one of the few unicorns in Southeast Asia (2017).
- Representing a global private equity investment firm, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) in its acquisition of a 12.64% stake in leading Indonesian bread company – Sari Roti (2017)
- Representing a regional private equity and venture capital firm in its various investments in the food and beverage sector in Indonesia (2017).
- Representing global private equity and venture capital firms in its investments in Go-Jek, an Indonesian technology start up that specialises in ride-hailing, logistics and digital payments, and currently one of the few unicorns in Southeast Asia (2016).