Ju-Lien’s commenced her legal practice in the Attorney General’s Chambers of Malaysia under the international affairs advisory division, prior to joining private practice in 2013. Her areas of practice are mergers & acquisitions, corporate commercial, regulatory and employment.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for a Chinese state-owned insurance company in the proposed acquisition of a minority interest in a general insurance operator in Malaysia.
- Acted for a Chinese leading electronics manufacturing and telecommunication technology company in the acquisition of a controlling stake of a Dutch semiconductor manufacturing business.
- Acted for China General Nuclear Power Group in the acquisition of energy assets from Edra Global Energy Berhad.
- Acted for an American global food processing corporation in its bid for acquisition of an animal nutrition and livestock breeding business located in Asia Pacific.
- Acted for a Japanese IT solutions service provider in its acquisition of an IT consulting business based in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Acted for a Singapore general insurance company in its proposed acquisition of a majority interest in a general insurance business in Malaysia.
- Acted for Quesscorp Holdings Pte. Ltd in its acquisition of an online career and recruitment platform, Monster.
- Acted for a Malaysian network facilities provider in the proposed acquisition of telecommunication tower assets.
- Acted for a shortlisted foreign bidder for the acquisition of AmLife Berhad and AmTakaful Berhad.
- Acted for a foreign company in the business of third party claims administrator in the acquisition of a loss adjusting company.
- Acted for Ekuinas in the acquisition of a majority stake in a mobile transaction gateway services provider in Malaysia.
- Acted for Euronet Worldwide, Inc in the acquisition of IME (M) Sdn Bhd, a Malaysian based money changing and money remittance company.
- Acted for Endurium Holding Limited in its disposal of shares in the Malaysian subsidiary which manufactures of cryogenic storage vessels and other industrial storage vessels to Air Water, Inc.
Joint Ventures and Investments
- Acted for Ireka Corporation Berhad in its joint venture with CRRC Urban Traffic (Europe) Co Ltd to explore transportation business opportunities in Malaysia and the South-East Asian region.
- Acted for Ireka Corporation Berhad in its joint venture with Hankyu Hanshin Properties Corp. for the development of real properties in Nilai.
- Acted for a Korean financial services company in its investment into a private capital syndication platform based in Singapore.
Telecommunications and Technology
- Acted for BLoyalty Pte Ltd in its collaboration with Wirecard Singapore Pte. Ltd for the development of a loyal management system and mobile application.
- Acted for Celcom Networks Sdn Bhd in the tender for turnkey contract to provide operation support services (OSS) solution.
- Advised clients on industrial relations and employment issues covering retrenchment, dismissal of employees and mutual separation arrangements.
- Assisted clients in domestic inquiries relating to misconducts.
- Advised clients on compliance with anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws of Malaysia, including training of board of directors and management officers.
- Advised in the restructuring of an institute for banks in Malaysia in its transformation to a professional body.
- Advised and reviewed agreements for a Singapore debt venture firm in its provision of guarantee to a Malaysian company.
- Advised a Cyprus based operator of an online trading platform for contracts for differences in respect of a compliance and regulatory survey on their proposed establishment of a regional customer services centre in Malaysia to provide services to clients involved in the trading of contracts for differences.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Contributed an article to the Sun (Legally Speaking Column) entitled “The Dynamics of Venture Capital” published in June 2017.
- Contributed to Chartered Secretaries Malaysia’s (MAICSA) Corporate Vo!ce (July-Sept issue) entitled “Transfer of Shares in Private Companies – Pre & Post Companies Act 2016”.