Tracy practices in a variety of areas, including Mergers & Acquisitions, General Corporate Commercial matters which include corporate governance and regulatory advice, Trade and Telecommunications, Media and Technology.
She advises on corporate transactions, specifically in relation to mergers & acquisition and corporate takeovers. She is also involved in general corporate and commercial transactions where she advises corporations on various matters ranging from the incorporation of a company to the various regulatory aspects involved in the operations of a company.
Tracy also specialises in advising on matters pertaining to trade, corporate governance, banking and regulatory compliance, and FinTech.
Some of the notable cases and/or transactions that Tracy has been involved in are listed below.
- Advised an international oil & gas company on the export licensing requirements for the oil & gas industry.
- Advised various companies on the import and export licensing requirements for the food & beverage industry.
- Advised an international chemicals company on the import licensing requirements of certain chemicals products.
- Advised a local company and the foreign franchisor on the start of a franchise in Malaysia.
- Advised a multi-national commodities trader on its proposed expansion of commodities trading business to Malaysia.
- Advised a U.S. fertilizer manufacturing entity on the import, export and customs requirements for the import and export of a chemical fertilizer.
- Regularly advised multi-national entities and foreign law firms on the Malaysian customs and regulatory requirements.
Banking and Regulatory compliance and FinTech
- Advised a subsidiary of a Chinese gaming company on its application for an e-money licence in Malaysia.
- Advised a Malaysian bank on its proposed collaboration with a mobile platform in the money remittance business.
- Advised various entities on the licensing requirements in Malaysia, especially in relation to e-money, merchant acquiring services and remittance businesses.
- Advised a Malaysian commercial and retail bank on the revisions to its corporate governance framework in line with the update on the corporate governance guidelines.
- Advised on the setup of an international commercial bank in Malaysia, including advising on the incorporation of the company and the drafting of internal banking policies.
- Advised Malaysian subsidiaries of international commercial banks on corporate governance and compliance requirements.
- Regularly advised clients on various regulatory issues, such as foreign exchange administration issues, advice on the provision of financial services, foreign investments etc.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised a private equity fund in its subscription of shares in a Malaysian public listed company in the manufacturing of drinking water sector.
- Advised a private equity fund on the acquisition of a group of fine dining Chinese restaurants in Malaysia.
- Advised a private equity fund on its acquisition of a minority stake in a retail hardware store with more than 100 outlets in Malaysia.
- Advised a private equity fund on its joint venture for the set-up of a chain of retail hardware stores in Indonesia.
- Advised a private equity fund on its bid for the acquisition of a chain of supermarkets in Malaysia.
- Advised a private equity fund on the disposal of a chain of cinemas in Malaysia.
- Advised a private equity fund on its proposed disposal of an electrical construction company.
- Advised a private equity fund on its acquisition of a group of companies operating child care centres in Malaysia.
- Advised the owners of a digital advertising company on the sale of a majority stake in the company to a Japanese advertising company.
- Advised a private equity fund on the acquisition of a group of companies in the food and beverage industry in Malaysia.
Telecommunications, Media & Technology
- Advised a high-speed broadband network supplier on the roll-out of its operations in Malaysia.
- Advised a major telecommunications company in Malaysia on a media-related agreement.
- Advised a major telecommunications company in Malaysia on the drafting of terms and conditions for its procurement division.
- Advised a government linked company on its proposed roll-out of nationwide broadband services.
- Advised a US-based company on the start up of an online applications store in Malaysia.
- Advised a local cinema on the requirements relating to royalty payments for music played in cinemas.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, Kuala Lumpur Bar
- Author, “The Industrial Design (Amendment) Act 2013 – Monetising Industrial Design Rights”, published in The Sun (Malaysia)
- Co-author, “The Trans-Pacific Partnership and Malaysia” published in the Global Trade and Customs Journal, Volume 11, Issue 4